7.31.2007

playhouse update


Look at this thing of beauty! Dad has really been outdoing himself and mom has been a great assistant to him as well as running all around interference with kids, meals AND cleanup. I wander around getting consulted occasionally, sitting in the shade sipping iced tea. Does it get any better? Of course I'd rather be helping and feeling useful but this is good living. Everyone is safer with me and my belly out of the way.

The kids are delighted that there's a project for them to help with today - priming the nails so we can paint on a pretty colour soon. I expect that to hold their interest for at least 10 minutes. I'll have to see if we can get some inside shots that show the loft and it looks like the deck will go on today. That off-centre opening in the front (from this angle) will be a cubby door onto the deck. I can't wait to move into this thing! Oh wait, it's for the kids. Right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Good lord; that is amazing. Running water? Electricity?

incredible.

Tannis said...

That costs extra unfortunately. Passable as a Baker guest house? The skylight is under the loft and I suspect will be fabulous for stargazing.

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT WAIT.