10.24.2005

tidbits

- We saw the world premiere of "Independent America" tonite in Kelowna. I loved it, partly because it was produced in Kelowna of course but also because it inspired me to keep working at buying local. I know I sound like a broken record but I have to keep reminding myself because it takes more effort! (see following paragraph for clues as to why I'm back on the warpath) The payoff is always worth it as far as I know. I wonder how many lovely and tasty gourds I can store in my house over the winter without tripping over them.

- The concept of the more you are engaged in something, the more you energy you have has come up a few times lately with both my parents and with Jeremy. I just proved the theory for myself last week. It seems that I haven't been doing a lot of things on my own lately (my choice, nobody's fault) and I found that when I suddenly had a lot more work on my plate than usual I was making the time to do more interesting things and having all kinds of energetic ideas. That's on top of getting a lot of work done by the way. What's up with that?

- There were a lot more juicy tidbits I was saving to share but they must have gotten lost in the shuffle this week, along with my wallet. I am still hoping to find the wallet in the house so maybe the thoughts will come back as well.

3 comments:

Garth said...

I like the theory and it has been proven in my life as well. Way back in 2001 while in school going for my Master's degree we had our first child. It was quite stressful being new parents and really having no clue as to how do actually be parents but I ended up having the highest GPA that semester that I have ever had. I knew i had to be more focused on managing my time and I purposely scheduled time for my studies, time for recreation, and time with family. When life gets a little slack though so does organization.

I'm energized when I do what I love to do - it happens to be teaching! But when the teaching is over at the end of the module I just seem to crash and burn.

Great insights worth further exploration Tan!

G

Jason said...

Post.

Tannis said...

patience. film festival last weekend...