10.16.2005

in honour of...


My little Ella Pearl turned two today. Not sure why that's so exciting except it more formally puts those baby years behind us. In the past month I've had the delight of ditching the crib, high chair and yes, diapers. I get the feeling I've written that somewhere already but it bears repeating as it dramatically affects my quality of life. I've taken on more work this month than usual and have even toyed with the concept of getting some kind of regular employment. The idea of any kind of full time job is terrifying and I have no intentions of that but Jeremy and I have always wanted a more eqitable distribution of work (inside/outside the home) and it seems like a reasonable time to start exploring that. The potential for growth and change is exciting even though I'm quite enjoying my role at home with the girls.


Jason, this post was inspired by you. I was mortified to learn that you check for a new post every day and decided I'd better come up with something fast.

See a few Ella birthday pictures here.

6 comments:

Chris said...

What's she got in the bucket there?

I always thought the baby years ended when that crease in their skin around their wrists smoothed out.

Happy birthday to Ella and to you...

Tannis said...

Thanks Chris,
That's Ella's special blend of dirt, rock and "greens", thinned with water to create delightful slop.

I'd better check her wrists - hadn't thought of that crease in a long time. Guess I'm too preoccupied with my own baby creases...

Teri said...

I can't believe that Ella is two already! I remember seeing her when she was only a few weeks old and was so snuggly :) She's a beauty! happy birthday Ella!

Heather said...

Happy birthday Ella! You are just beautiful! Congrats Tannis on the ditching of the various baby-related items - especially the diapers! Do you still have your maternity clothes kicking around? Someone reminded me today that I may need to borrow some from someone down the road... far, far down the road. (wink)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Heather, those maternity clothes have all been handed out to various friends along the way. The few I have left aren't worth your time but might be good for making a cozy cat bed. If Teri doesn't want her cloth diapers back you are welcome to them though!

Anonymous said...

Teri, I had forgotten about that snuggle session you had with Ella - very cute. Strange that as she got older she got way wigglier and active than Ivy ever was.