12.09.2004

thirty party

The local flavours party was fabulous, from my perspective anyway. To see a list of local foods we found, check out Jeremy's entry. My particular favourite was the Gewurztraminer Cheese from Village Cheese in Armstrong. Mmmm. Great friends, good food and lots of help from Jeremy's parents who kept the girls going and the kitchen clean so we could socialize (thank you).

A lot of people have asked me how I'm dealing with 30 and it seems to be disappointing to many that I don't have much to say. So if you're curious about how it's affected me - it hasn't really (or at least not yet). My theory on it is that I went through such dramatic transitions with becoming a parent as far as both responsibilty and body shocks go that 30 is anti-climatic.

I feel great about the years behind me and what I've gotten done and am really excited to take on the next decade. I'm more full of ideas and energy than I've been in years and can't wait to see where I go with it. Don't take that to mean that I'm not often exhausted and cranky because I've been a bear this week, but in general my mind is more active than it was when I had the teeny babes, and that is progress.

No comments: