6.17.2007

pop quiz

1. Do you ever feel like you have a bowling ball grinding on your tailbone when you walk?

2. Has your significant other ever made you an MP3 mix that included the surprise selection "Who Made Who?"

3. Does your belly hang so low that it can rest on the front of your bike seat while you ride?



If you answered yes...

to #1 - You are very likely 7+ months pregnant and may want to get it checked out

to #2 - Your significant other is getting more than his/her share of the household beer. Often seen in combination with a "yes" in #1

to #3 - You are either 7+ months pregnant OR getting more than your share of the beer.


For the record I am most certainly heavy with child, jealous of anyone who can casually drink that glass of wine or a real beer and I enjoy a really good snicker every time AC/DC kicks in on my walks.

8 comments:

Domestic Bloggess said...

oh dear ... i'm sorry you're in that space right now, that being said you write so well it made me giggle.

Tannis said...

It's not a bad space at all, just awkward. I've been enjoying it a lot more than I expected and have had some great giggles myself - like when I "jogged" to get across the street before the light changed. What was I thinking exactly? I can just imagine the poor drivers waiting at the intersection cringing and averting their eyes.

Jeremy said...

No, no and no. But I have found the last two disproportionately funny at times.

Tannis said...

#3 is quite a novel feature however I can't recommend it as being very comfortable. I appreciate that you didn't mention #1 was funny (even if it is at times).

Domestic Bloggess said...

My bad Tannis ... I didn't mean for it to come across as all bad,because it actually sounded mostly good (especially the hubby who makes you an MP3 mix - lucky girl!) save for maybe the bowling ball grinding on your tailbone part! Zoiks!

I can just imagine the "jogging" situation :) I can't believe you're so close to the end! I don't know how it's felt for you, but as a "viewer" it seems to have gone by so fast!

Tannis said...

Pregnancy does have a strange way of warping time. The first months seemed to go on forever and now the last months are flying by. Ask me again in the last weeks and I'll probably tell you about how time is dragging again. It did spook me a little that your friends had their baby 5 weeks early...too close for comfort just yet.

Domestic Bloggess said...

I know! I actually thought of you when that happened. What are you hoping for ... like a week early? That would be a welcome surprise I would think ... at least I remember wanting a week early when I was so close to my due date.

Tannis said...

A week early or maybe two would be priceless. I had a good laugh with my midwife about it- I asked her if she could recall anyone ever actually preferring to be late (no). Ivy was a week early and Ella one day over so I'm expecting either the week before or after the official estimate. I've been wrong on every prediction I've ever made regarding my due dates and baby gender though so don't hold your breath.