1.11.2011

Next Round

Here we go! Always late with the new years post. My big focus right now is getting the bootcamps running again. This morning was the first class of the new year and it felt great to be back. I'd missed the social time and supportive friends. For reference here's the info - next time I'll try to get it up before the classes start. I'd love to post photos of us working out but the class is a bit shy (so far). I have a feeling that might be about to change...hello Amanda and Angella!

Jan 11-Feb 18 (12 classes)
Tues & Fri, either 6:30-7:20am or 9-10am.
IOOF Hall on Main St. in Summerland

Tami at TheTysonMethod4Moms has put together some extensive nutrition info on her website. Some is for all members but there's also a really detailed section for those who sign up for the "Fat Shredder Challenge". I'm not attempting to lose weight but am doing this one along with them to reinforce the better eating habits I learned in spring. It's disturbing how some things have crept back in.

I've found out that I am a "grazer" and "liquid lover" when you look at emotional reasons for eating. I nibble at anything in front of me. I don't binge, but grab little bits all day. I caught myself 11 times in one day eating something I hadn't been planning to and didn't necessarily even want that badly. Anyone who's spent any amount of time with me will probably picture me with coffee, wine or tea in my hand. No surprise there but luckily my drinks of choice aren't too laden with fat/sugar or I'd be a very different shape. The underlying reasons we develop the habits that we do are fascinating to me and essential to understand if we want lasting change.

7 comments:

Amanda Brown said...

I am so excited (and sore)!! You're a great instructor, Tannis and one day I'll have a teeny, tight rear-end like yours. :)

Angella said...

I am SO looking forward to Friday! We'll get the word out, too, and fill up the class. :)

Tannis said...

Thanks guys, I'm having a lot of fun doing it so I'm always delighted when other people enjoy it too. We look forward to seeing you on Friday Angella!

Amanda - you'll be loving your new booty before beach season arrives I bet! Those booty lifts are killer. I was pretty active over the holidays but I am sore too.

Michelle said...

Booty lifts? Okay, I am 45 and I want to know what they are. Please..

Tannis said...

Michelle, you may not like the answer! It involves many, many variations of squats & lunges for half an hour straight. But (ha ha) it WORKS. There are a few 45 year olds in the classes so you're not alone!

Tannis said...

I need to clarify my comments regarding the members site - the first month with all the nutrition info & workouts is free, after that it's $20/month. The social networking part of the website is always free if you're signed up for a boot camp!

Michelle said...

Half an hour straight?!! Um, I think I'll stick with my daily yoga practice.