8.09.2010

general update

This is one of those blanket posts about nothing and everything. The kids pottery class did go well, about as expected. They were well behaved, creative and funny. And I was exhausted. Ten awesome kids with wonderful ideas is a lot for my brain. They are picking up their treasures this week and in between all the various firings I've slowly started working on my own things again. I am really enjoying getting back into that groove, I've missed pottery during the time I've focussed on the class. The irony is painful.

I finally got out on the bike trails again this weekend, thanks to Kim. I've been working out regularly, enjoying working on the Tyson Method certification for teaching the BootCamp4Moms but haven't been out riding nearly as much. The certification process is refreshing the theory I learned when I took my personal training course in the late 90's. It is a different way of looking at things though, it's a cross between personal training and teaching a group class. We encourage moms to bring their kids along, that is a unique challenge too! Based on the reports of women already teaching this, it takes the kids (and moms) a few times to get the hang of it and then they look forward to the playtime. I'm hoping to start a 6 week boot camp in fall so let me know if you're up for it! Still working on locations...I'd love to do outdoors as long as possible and then move in when we have to. Here's Tami talking about the method they've created, with glimpses of the classes and a few kind words from clients.

On other fronts, Ezra turned 3 last week! He's starting to get much more creative in his play, incorporating pretend stuff all over. We're loving his relative independence and the fact that he's so reliably potty trained. The hitting, yelling, and general belligerence we could do without. Can't have it all.
ezra-three

The kids have been doing a few summer camps in addition to the pottery class. Ella participated in a one week, full-day drama course and loved it.
Ella-frog-face
This week she's busy at her half-day gymnastics camp and begging to stay the full day, her energy is astounding!

Ivy's been reluctant to commit to the full day scene, as she gets tired of so much action around her for that long. She is looking forward to taking the next level of the whittling class next week though. The girl loves her jack knife and makes some pretty cool stuff!
ivy-lake

My family has committed to meeting in Canmore at Thanksgiving, a la 2008! It's a long ways off but fun to look forward to.

2 comments:

Domestic Bloggess said...

seriously, could your children be any more gorgeous? No. No they could not. Sounds like life has been full and good for you all.

Tannis said...

Ha, thanks Nicole. I'm totally biased but no, they could not be more beautiful. It has been a wonderful summer.