1.03.2009

the far flung Friesens, Canmore edition




Although I had a very relaxing Christmas, it was a bit odd. None of my family members got together this year. On one hand, it took off pressure of any kind for us to travel. On the other hand...it just felt kind of "off".

Here's the Christmas postcard we got from mom & dad, who are enjoying the amenities of the Dominican Republic.



Mark came up for a visit a few days before Christmas so I did get a bit of a family fix. We had a mellow time and enjoyed the snacks by the fire and a few rounds of dominoes. He built a really sweet lego tower. It is also apparently the only photo we took while he was here (sorry Mark).




Chad & Crystal and the beloved cousins spent their holidays in Winnipeg, with all of us having abandoned them. They don't seem to hold it against us.

I did mention back in October that I'd met my family in Canmore for Thanksgiving weekend and I'm thinking it might be time to post those pictures.

After years of half-promises, I finally took the girls to The Enchanted Forest. Oddly enough, it DID live up to expectations. Who would have thought that possible? I'd love to go back and try out the adventure park someday.



The pool & waterslide were big features of the trip. The jury is still out on who made the biggest splash - this is either dad or Chad since Mark is watching in the background.









Mark, looking smug about his table tennis skills while watching the match.





Crazy cousins. This is the best photo of the four of them.


3 comments:

Kaili said...

Fun fun fun! Wow you look SO much like your family! Odd hey? Hehe! I had just never seen any of them. Love the picture of your parents in D.R.!

Anonymous said...

Good memories of Canmore - will have to do something similar again sometime! So glad for almost everyone being able to make it work on short notice. HAd a good Christmas here but don't know if we could do it again. Family is pretty special! Love, mom

Tannis said...

Funny that you mentioned how much I look like my family - I noticed it in that picture too! Good looking folks, eh? I've always said that if I can age as well as my parents I've got it made.

Yes mom, Canmore was great! Thanks for making it happen.