2.07.2009

Gifted

I don't recall what I've posted about this before and frankly, I'm too lazy to check. I've been reading "Creative Home Schooling: A Resource Guide for Smart Families", by Lisa Rivero. It echoes a lot of the reasons we chose to keep Ivy home this year. I've been very emotional about it, fighting tears while reading. I'm sure I could use some personal psychoanalysis to sort out issues, but really, who has that kind of time? I'm trying to get over my guilt of saying "gifted" out loud, but that's as far as I've gotten. The general sense is that we're not alone or unique. There are lots of practical ideas and approaches that resonate with me. Other resources we've found useful are the Gifted Exchange blog and the ugly but info-filled Hoagies Gifted Education Page.


No comments: