11.14.2007

it's my obsession



My love affair (obsession) with coffee has reached new proportions. Through friends of ours who own a micro-roasting company, I have the opportunity to learn to roast! It was one of the three things on my "43 Things" list, which I've completely ignored since I created it a few years ago. If I learn this well it will be one of those win/win scenarios - I get to learn a new skill and they get a backup roaster in case something comes up. Like needing a vacation.

It's fun to learn without the pressure of it having to lead towards "a job" or paying through the nose to have it taught. Learning for the pure joy of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Don't you love it when these opportunities come up without going and looking for them. Looking forward to learning from you! Mom

Domestic Bloggess said...

Fun! Enjoy the whole experience! I still say my days at the 2nd Cup were among my favorite of any job I've ever had, solely because of the things I learned.

Tannis said...

Still fun so far but I worry that I may never have what it takes to pull the beans at exactly the right time. We're talking about a difference of SECONDS. Too short and the taste/roast is all wrong but if you leave it in a minute too long you can go straight to calling the fire department. But no pressure or anything.

I have good memories of pulling shots at a coffee shop, especially before opening at 6am. Can't say I miss anything else about service jobs though.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Great photo to go with it, too :)