11.24.2007

5 things

I've been tagged by Kaili to post 5 things you don't know about me. As a matter of principle I've never done one of these but I figured it was time to grow up and try it. I know quite a few people who know all of these things about me but hopefully it's new for at least someone.

1. I very strongly dislike being in high rise buildings. I like to pretend this isn't true and it doesn't stop me from staying in them but I'd really rather not. It messes up my equilibrium. Oddly I don't mind other heights. Summerland is pretty safe for this.

2. I used to be a fully qualified lifeguard but never had a job doing it.

3. I've worked in what feels like most major types of service jobs: The Body Shop, Starbucks, Costco, a restaurant, a gym, a chiropractor...did I miss any sectors (besides lifeguarding)? Hmm, a clothing store. Never done that one.

4. My bowling alias is "Gus".

5. One of the most gleeful moments of my life was scoring the winning goal in sudden death overtime of...a grade six floor hockey tournament.

I'm exhausted. I had this draft sitting here for well over a week and couldn't think of anything for ages. Maybe that's why I don't do these!

5 comments:

Kaili said...

Cool to learn those things about you. When we bowl we all have old man names, I'm usually Walter or somthing like that. Nice to meet you Gus!

caro said...

I love thinking abou the gleeful grade six victory. Seems like the perfect example of perspective change as we get older. That was the best moment on earth, then. It seems like an important thing to remember.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just learned a couple of things about you too, Tan: #1 and the Gus thing. Hmmm, so happens I signed up with an alias for WII bowling today! Mom

Tannis said...

I must have done well to surprise my own mother! What was your bowling name? You're a lot more hip that I am with playing the Wii version.

I had no idea that alternate bowling names were so popular. Our whole crew had those old-school names "back in the day".

It's interesting isn't it how sweet that victory still feels? I wonder why I don't have more of those moments now that I'm older. The only thing that I can think of is holding my newborns for the first time!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tannis - I bet your people don't know that you used to take guitar lessons! And the name of your doll?? Have you seen the website - The Story of Stuff.com? I thought you might like it. It's American but stuff is still stuff.
Sherri