5.07.2007

quilt


I finally managed to get this quilt done for my mom in time for Mother's Day! I've been working on it for over a year off and on. It's got more sentimental value than most I've made before. Some of the squares were made by my Grandma (mom's mom) and I inherited them. I don't think I could have pulled off a remotely unified look though if Rose hadn't donated some of her stash of vintage fabrics to me (thanks!). A big thanks also goes to Marj for personally delivering it to Winnipeg.

I could get mushy here but I'll just leave it at "I love my mom and miss her a lot". We're very much looking forward to my parents spending some extended time here in summer in their new "in-law suite".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tan, you outdid yourself with this one! It's absolutely beautiful and those little patches of your pink girly dress, your blanket cover, my mom's dress & her apron..turns my insides to mush. Thank you for all the hard work when you are busy with your girls & preparing for baby. I love you lots & lots too, and will deliver the bear hug in person! Love , mom

Tannis said...

Glad you're liking it, we'll see you soon!