2.28.2006

something you didn't do

Jeremy has occasionally posted wisdom from the Tragically Hip and it's echoing in my head as I prepare to make this entry. "Besides, no one is interested in something you didn't do" seems so true and yet all I can think of is all the personal interst things I've started that aren't getting done. The quick list includes about 4 books, one quilt, a bunch of clothes sewing projects, learning to bead and planning the wee garden for spring.

Non-cool things that seem to fill my time? Laundry, dishes, book-keeper stuff for the strata, clean up infinite scraps of crafts from the floor, trip on toys, dress/undress/redress kids in costumes multiple times a day, make snacks, make different snacks, wonder why nobody wants lunch...

Somewhere in between all of that I manage to spend a lot of good quality time with the kids and Jeremy but don't see or communicate with friends as often as I'd like. My parents just left after spending a week in our busy household. We had a wonderful time and Grandma Pearl proved once again to be the master of playtime. The weekend in the hotel hot tub was a serious highlight as well. And who would ever have thought that I'd get a chance to play hockey with my dad?! Love it.



Happy 60th mom! Hope you were queen for the day.




Dad and I setting up for an hour and a half long 3 on 3 scrimmage. I'm still tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tan,thanks again for the warm welcome and the fun time with you & Jer & the girls. It is always a great getaway holiday and the hot tub, the dressups, crafts, TH, chatting by the fireplace, watching Olympics together and seeing you play hockey were highlights. You mentioned things undone, looks like they are all things that will wait. At 60 I am taking that seriously as well, and am processing what does not need to ever get done, and what does one focus on completing! Love you girl.

Tannis said...

You're right about picking the important things to get done. Soon enough the kids won't be needing me so much and maybe I'll end up amenting my boring tidy house and lonely sewing!

Jeremy said...

I just love this photo of you and Dad...so cool that you guys got to play together.

Tannis said...

It was a priceless opportunity and I loved it! Mastercard may come knocking at my door to make a commercial of it in fact.