9.23.2004

Ride

One of my favourite things about living where we do is the easy access to mountain biking. A few minutes of road riding in any of several directions will get me to a trail. No car required. It makes it so much easier to get out, particularly if motivation is low. It's an amazing quality of life issue.

Today however, I happened to get a lift to a further trailhead, cutting off some agonizing road climbing. I was hot, whiney and cursing on the way up but the view was amazing when I got there. I pushed myself harder than I have in years and didn't allow wimping out on the dry skidded out downhill. Why is it so exhilerating to scare yourself just a bit?

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Amen, sister. And good on' ya for tackling the nastiness of that downhill from the rock ridge on Cartwright.