5.10.2011

Mother's Day

Yes, it's an annual post requirement, isn't it? Sadly, this one corresponds to the fresh-in-my-mind tax season. I don't freaking get paid for all the work I do. Just needed to get that off my chest. No mom (or dad) ever does. It's nice of Harper to give me $100/month but that hardly pays for my cigarettes, booze and popcorn. Oh wait, I don't smoke. I could take advantage of the public schools, yes, but I'd still have a 3 year old at home.

I really do feel privileged to be able to spend these years at home, don't get me wrong. It just feels odd that I could technically make more money slinging drinks than teaching my kids how to count money or cook healthy meals. Lucky to have the choice right now.

On Mother's Day I was treated to some sweet hand made cards that took them at least an hour to make apparently, and they were awesome. Jeremy presented me with my favourite consumable gift, wine, way higher rated than chocolate in my books. He had apparently also predicted with great accuracy what I would like best about each card and comment on.

We joined Jeremy's parents for a truly decadent picnic & ice cream in the afternoon. To polish off the day I snuck out to the pottery guild to throw for the first time in almost 6 weeks. It was deleriously fun and totally demoralizing, all at once. Too much time off but so good to be back. Which reminds me that I'm now the official "vice pres" of the guild. Eep.

No comments: