11.04.2010

Porcelain

I had my hands on this clay once before but now I'm smitten. I started my class with Trezlie Brooks today and loved it. The homework I was given was to find 5 artists I admire and find 5 of each of their works I particularly like. I'm going to collect links here that catch my eye and see what I come up with over the week (not necessarily all porcelain, but forms that I like).

The first 5ish are ones that I found tonight. This post is a mess of bad spacing, I realize. I'm linking back to the artists whose pictures I use and hope that's politically correct. I'd love to contact them all but can't promise I'll get to that!



Ebon Grace 1

Zen Garden 3

Porcelain Pro's "Zen Garden" series and Smoked Porcelain Vessels







Brenda McMahon

- Vessels













small bowls and a birds nest

Karin Eriksson






Shino Handled Bowl with Toner Decals

Mudstuffing - Keith Phillips
Etsy store





Tom and Elaine Coleman



Creative Creek Artisans

2 comments:

Pearl said...

You picked some great samples. So basically the difference between your pottery and the porcelain is in the type of clay used?

Tannis said...

Yes, porcelain is a different type of clay - very white and smooth and can be thrown quite thin. I'm also learning new techniques though so there's a lot of changes at once!