3.28.2010

mud madness

*With apologies going out to Mr. Baker for the desecration of the sun porch. It looks fine now and we've got the splash pan set up properly for next time.

One of the founding members of the guild needed a temporary home for her old school (but motorized) "Wrangler", as the wheel has been dubbed, and was kind enough to offer it to us. I spent the afternoon doing some wheel coaching with the family. The girls each got a bowl out of it and are looking forward to trimming them. It was fun to introduce them to my obsession but I'm secretly hoping nobody else loves it as much as I do, I'm selfish with my wheel time!

tannis-ezra-pottery

ella-clay-hands

ivy-pottery-wheel

sunroom-pottery-reflection

Thanks to Jeremy for taking the photos...none of him on the wheel but I'll get some one of these days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny you said that. I was thinking of you with a cup of herbal tea, soft music and just loving some solitude, peaceful time with your wheel. I can't wait to see you in action again. Karen

Domestic Bloggess said...

Love how happy you all look. Clearly the arts are a passion for you all. *So* nice to see :)

Michelle said...

How wonderful. I have always wanted to try pottery.

Mark said...

what a treat. looks like fun.
about time to get started on that drinking horn...

Tannis said...

You name the animal, I'm waiting!