9.01.2009

koi quilt

It's been nearly two years since I made a quilt but I was inspired about a month ago. This little guy is a family friend that is really close to Ezra's age and I couldn't figure out what to get him for his birthday. Once I got into it, it took less than a week and I really enjoyed the process. Colours and patterns are so much easier than with pottery. I can try things out to see what works before I sew them together, unlike the glazing and kiln which seem like crapshoots and can't be undone.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tannis, that is a gorgeous quilt and a really practical gift. great creativity. Mama Pearl

Andrew V said...

Best gift he's received to date, bar none.

Sherri said...

I love it. The colours blend so well. What a great idea. That's a keepsake for this boy.

Ang said...

hey tan, sorry for not getting back to you. I'm just enjoying having my mom around and we're poking through blogs. I'm trying to describe you, the mention of @home births said a lot. Love the quilt! Thank you for offering your advice if we need it, how very generous of you. I bought a membership at fabricland. Something tells me i will spend more time browsing and dreaming than i ever do stitching.

Tannis said...

Thanks for the compliments! Not sure why I didn't respond to these sooner...

Oh Ang, fabric stores are my downfall. The problem is doing more buying than sewing - the browsing part is free!