5.06.2005

self sufficient'ish'

Blog? I have a blog? Oh yeah...

I stumbled on a website that captured my recent sentiments lately, it's called self sufficient 'ish'. The solo style home steader sounds romantic and all, but I'm not up for the isolation (or back breaking work to be honest). Some of the recipes on the page look tasty, the simple veggie burger is one. I'm glad to see the tips for those who rent dwellings and and don't have the ability and/or desire to go off grid and out of town. It applies equally well to many of us in a strata or condo situation as well. Too bad it's UK focussed and not all transferrable information.

4 comments:

Tannis said...

Thanks for dropping by. I do appreciate the nods towards those of us who live in other parts of the globe but I encourage you to continue to provide that more localized info as it's a really valuable resource to people in your area.

I didn't get a chance to go into the forum until after my post and am amazed at how extensive the topic areas are - definately room for readers from all over to contribute and learn.

Thanks for putting the effort into your site and for keeping it light hearted, even though the content is serious. We all need to laugh about it and experiment with our own home brews (and then laugh more).

Ang said...

What a neat blog you found Tannis. I had to print off the burger recipe that only requires me to open 3 cans, suits me just fine. And who could resist clicking on the ads to help the dude with his tooth dilema! You said it: "light-hearted", a site that even a self-deficient'ish can feel comfortable weening something from without being totally scared away!
I promise not to buy the beans at walmart.

Ang said...

G*L*E*A*N*I*N*G--ha ha!

Tannis said...

oh you, yet, but oba nay. Ah, GLEANING, love it. It's that nursing fog - you can blame anything on it! Glad you enjoyed the site. I've been back a few times but haven't tried any recipes yet. Let me know if you do.