1.03.2007

chofu



Thought I'd shock the world by actually posting something this year. I've been dreaming about a hot tub since some good friends got one (well, actually a lot longer than that), and I came across these. I love the idea of it being wood-heated and more along the lines of a Japanese soaking tub. It obviously wouldn't be as convenient or conducive to having guests, but it would be clean, quiet and only on when you need it. Has anyone actually seen one of these in action? Sorry about the ad picture, I'm too lazy to edit it out and most other images were of a different style.

4 comments:

Garth said...

I think Kent Dueck (Joe's older bro) in Winnipeg built some of these for ICYA's Gem Lake Wilderness Camp - I guess the downside is deciding who has to stoke the fire or add wood! But definitely a great and more environmentally friendly way of doing the hot-tub thing.

Tannis said...

I hadn't thought of having to get out and stoke the fire. We'd have to play a lot of rock, paper, scissors.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tan.. we thought of hooking up a wood burning stove to our outdoor pool because we're all wimps for cold water. Kinda glad we didn't attempt it. But I think its a great idea when done by professionals and much likelier to work very well for hottubbin.. I say invest! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tannis -

How are you - felt a bit nostalgic - so i started googling names of old friends, did a search on chad and whamo - it led to your site.

send an email. mike@fuelindustries.com